AI is definitely the future. Machine learning, being the current application of artificial intelligence, is based on the idea to give the computer access to data and make them learn themselves. There are obviously various ways to start.
These are the steps you are suggested to follow:
- KNOW THE STRUCTURE: Machine learning and AI as a whole, have a crux known as data science. So, before getting into deeper nodes of this web, you must start with the basics. To apply machine learning, you got to answer these questions; what to achieve and why to achieve it. Collection, storage and analysis of data using SQL and python will be helpful. This can be done using online study materials.
- ANALYSE THE DATA: Next, jump to the most important characteristic of machine learning course, mathematics. Clear the basic concepts of statistics, probability and calculus as well. You can start with Khan Academy course on python statistics, covering various topics. You have to pull up resources, and try to make best use out of them.
- ALGORITHMS: Once you are familiar with what and why, you must start input your time in theory and algorithms that are used while you are creating a specific application of machine learning. Start with regressions, decision trees, Bayesian models and you will be choosing algorithms based on them.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Once you are clear with basics and algorithms, start implementation of it. Start learning the python libraries that you must use and will be using to apply the theories you learned. You will get everything piled up in scikit learn, best API with simple and efficient set of tools for data mining and analysis. There are a bunch of libraries to start with like numpy, Matplotlib, Pandas etc.
- TARGET: Machine learning is more about practical application rather than theory. So, once you are clear with the fundamentals, select an application and start exploring about it. You might need to read and learn something extra down the line, but your knowledge will be practical based. Take up projects, set deadlines and start exercising whatever you learnt.
There are two broad perspectives of getting into AI and machine learning; first, the API and second, the algorithms. These two prospects are hardly covered when you start an online course or you read a book. The best way to gain knowledge is by execute it in practical ways. Various Machine learning classes in Pune have been opened since.
The School of Digital marketing has shown interests in AI and Machine learning and is ready to make you master in the applications, projects and implementations of machine learning in the market. You can visit our website and know more about other details in case you show interest in joining the course.
Some recommendations to start from:
Bayesian Reasoning and Machine learning by David Barber
Machine learning: A probabilistic perspective by Kevin Murphy
Data science from scratch: First principles with Python by Joel Grus’
MOOCs (Massive open online courses)
Andrew Ng Machine learning at coursera
Sebastian and Katie at Udacity
The school of Digital Marketing is here with certified training on Artificial intelligence and machine learning courses in Pune.