Top 10 Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers.
Q .1) Why is online marketing increasingly preferred over offline marketing?
Ans The majority of the individuals have begun choosing Digital Marketing these days in light of different advantages.
- The online instruments for promoting are SEO, Hosting, and Web Development.
- The number of leads created is exceptional contrasted with the over the top expensive disconnected advertising activities.
- One can contact an enormous and differing crowd on the web and can even set an overall objective.
- It’s conceivable as well as super-simple to make revisions in live crusades in Digital Marketing progressively. Improvement in a hurry is at last a reality, because of Digital Marketing.
- There are essentially no geographical boundaries when it comes to using online marketing platforms.
Q .2) What are the different types of Digital Marketing?
Ans: Different Digital Marketing aspects –
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
Q.3) Name some useful Digital Marketing tools.
Ans: Digital Marketing tools :
- Keyword Discovery
- Alexa Ranking
- Google Analytics
- Crazy Egg Heatmaps
- Favicon Generator
- XML Sitemap Generator
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
- Digital Point Keyword Tracker
- Google Trends
- Google Keyword Planner
- Buffer App
Q.4) Name Some Areas Where Keyword Optimization Is Done?
Ans: For improving page ranking, keywords placement is important. The areas are:
- Website Title
- Website URL
- Meta tag
- Web page content
Q.5) What is CTR how to calculate it and boost it?
Ans: CTR stands for click-through rate.CTR is calculated by link click divided by impression*100
Methods to boost CTR
- Write an interesting headline.
- Use your target keyword in the title tag
- Use unique symbols such as [focus term] to make your listing look different in search results.
Q.6) What are the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website?
Ans: The most important and effective ways to boost traffic to your website are-
- Paid search
- Display advertising
- Content marketing
- Writing crisp headlines
- SEO activities
- Content optimization
- Targeting long-tail keywords
- Guest blogging
- Seeking referral traffic
- Posting content on LinkedIn
- Linking Internally
- Email marketing
Q.7) What is Google algorithms? Explain different types of algorithms.
Ans: Algorithms are the set of rules followed by Google to rank a webpage of a specific query.
- Panda :- Launch date: February 24, 2011
Hazards: Duplicate content, thin and plagiarized content, tool generated text content, keyword stuffing
- Penguin :- Launch date: April 24, 2012
Hazards: link from irrelevant sites, links with over-optimized anchor text
- Hummingbird:- Launch date: August 22, 2013
Hazards: Keyword stuffing; low-quality content
- Pigeon:- Launch date: July 24, 2014
Hazards: Poor on- and off-page SEO
- Mobile Friendly:- Launch date: April 21, 2015
Hazards: Non-responsive website, poor mobile usability.
- Rank Brain:- Launch date: October 26, 2015
Hazards: lack of query specific and searcher intent, shallow or thin content, poor UX
Q. 8) Explain what is Google Adwords?
Ans: Google Adwords is the single most popular PPC advertising system in the world. It works on Pay per click model.
The AdWords platform enables the business to create ads that appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
Q.9) Why is social media important for a business and what are the most successful social media platforms according to you?
Ans: Companies are already aware of the importance of social media marketing. Thus, guide them on the most appropriate platforms that will help them achieve their goals and expand their audience.
Q.10) What is your strategy to improve our current business through Digital Marketing?
Ans: Do not be quick to spill out a plan or strategy. It will be advisable to understand the business well in advance, analyze the competitor, identify the strengths and list down the opportunities. Take the maximum input from the interviewer, and note down the pain points. Take considerable time from the interviewer to draft a strategy around these segments. Most of the times, an answer to this can turn the tables, ie a smart strategy is a job guarantee, so plan it properly.